As someone who loves the look of false lashes, I have to admit I struggle applying them on myself. I am however working on perfecting this. I am going to give you a step by step guide on how to apply them, if you struggle at first just keep on trying.
1. First you need to purchase lashes. My personal favorites are Ardell and are available at any drugstore. They come in looks from very full to much more natural. Just choose the ones that appeal the most to you. Lashes can be reused, so if you are planning on reusing yours you could buy lashes from MAC or Sephora.
2. You are also going to need lash glue. I use Duo Adhesive in the Dark tone. I personally like this one the best because it does not show a glue line on your lashes. Once again you can purchase this at Walgreens or at the MAC counter. Walgreens sells a smaller tube but it will last forever.
3. Now that you have lashes and glue you are ready to apply. Take a pair of tweezers and pull off one side of the lashes. You always want the longest lashes on the outside of your eye. Now put the lash up to your eye and check and see how much you need to cut off in order to fit your eye. Very few people can use the full lash. Make sure to cut from the side with the longest lashes.
4. Now I usually squirt some of my adhesive on the lash tray. You will only need a squirt about the size of a pea. If you plan on saving your lashes you could put the glue on a paper plate or something else similar.
5. Put the glue on the lashes. I use a Q-tip that I cut one end off of. Make sure you put a thin even layer of glue on the entire band of lashes. Make sure to be very careful not to get glue on the actual lashes. Give the glue about 30 seconds to set up before applying.
6. Apply the lashes as close to your actual lash line as possible. Firmly press them on your eye to make sure they are secure. Keep your eye closed for about 45 seconds to make sure the glue has time to stick.
7. Repeat the same steps for the opposite side.
* A few tips: I usually apply a light coat of mascara to natural lashes before applying the false ones. This allows your natural lashes to blend better with the false lashes. If you are going to save your lashes gently wash the glue off and store them in the case they came in.
I am going to be working on a video tutorial of this procedure. So keep on the look out!