If you are anything like me you love learning new tips and tricks for making yourself beautiful. Well I have the perfect way to get a new tip everyday and all you have to do is check your email. Glamour.com sends out a daily email with the latest beauty tips. I love getting them each day. The tips range from the latest nail trends, celebrity hair and makeup tricks, and any other beauty related tips you can think of. The best part is it is free. All you have to do is sign up on their website. Go to https://secure.glamour.com/services/newsletters and pick from the 3 options (I get Beauty Tip of the Day), type in your email address and wait to receive your first email. Hopefully you guys will love it as much as I do!
I know that many women think that mineral makeup such as Bare Minerals is too much of a mess to ever try and use. However, Bare Minerals is the foundation that I use on myself on a daily basis. I personally feel that if you know the proper way to use it, it is not only easy to use but also really fast. It offers a great coverage that looks natural at the same time. In my opinion, it is the perfect foundation. Because I want each of you to see how awesome it truly is I am going to walk you through the steps I take while applying it. All of the brushes I use come in the starter kit that can be purchased at ULTA or Sephora.
1. Make sure your skin is moisturized. This is so important since it is a powder foundation and can have a tendency to stick to dry skin.
2. I take the Handy Buki brush and buff the foundation onto my skin. (Buffing is just applying the foundation in a circular motion.) You will feel like you are rubbing it all off but you aren't don't worry. Continue until you feel like you have pretty good coverage.
3. Take the powder brush that comes in the kit and buff the foundation once again onto your skin. This helps to even out the foundation.
4. Take the concealer brush and cover any areas that you feel are not adequately covered. This is great for the occasional pimple. This foundation is one of my favorite concealers. It covers really well especially when using a concealer brush.
5. Use the powder brush to put a very little bit of the Warmth (bronzer) onto your cheeks, bridge of nose and chin. You apply it anywhere the sun would naturally hit.
6. Go over your whole face with the Mineral Veil using the powder brush.
That's it! I can do this whole process in just a few minutes. If you read the directions that come in the kit it will tell you to do this in a different order. However, I have used this foundation over 2 years now and I truly believe this is the way to get the best application with it. I would think that you could use these same instructions with any mineral foundation, however I have only used Bare Minerals.
I know we all have mornings when we wake up and can tell by looking in the mirror we didn't get enough sleep. Whether you are a mom, college student, or just couldn't get enough sleep most women do not get an adequate amount of sleep. Unfortunately for many of us, it shows up on our faces, mainly with bags and dark circles.
As someone with a 2 year old daughter this is a problem that I frequently struggle with. I have tried many different products. I have finally found one that I feel makes a difference. It is Origins GinZing Eye Cream. It sells for 29.50 and comes in a half ounce container. (I know that seems small, but you use a very small amount each time) You can either purchase it at the Origins counter (Woodland Hills Mall has an Origins store) or on the Origins website. Check out their website to learn more. http://http//www.origins.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY5811&PRODUCT_ID=PROD15326
I would definitely recommend this product. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.