Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mineral Makeup



I know that many women think that mineral makeup such as Bare Minerals is too much of a mess to ever try and use. However, Bare Minerals is the foundation that I use on myself on a daily basis. I personally feel that if you know the proper way to use it, it is not only easy to use but also really fast. It offers a great coverage that looks natural at the same time. In my opinion, it is the perfect foundation. Because I want each of you to see how awesome it truly is I am going to walk you through the steps I take while applying it. All of the brushes I use come in the starter kit that can be purchased at ULTA or Sephora.


1. Make sure your skin is moisturized. This is so important since it is a powder foundation and can have a tendency to stick to dry skin.


2. I take the Handy Buki brush and buff the foundation onto my skin. (Buffing is just applying the foundation in a circular motion.) You will feel like you are rubbing it all off but you aren't don't worry. Continue until you feel like you have pretty good coverage.


3. Take the powder brush that comes in the kit and buff the foundation once again onto your skin. This helps to even out the foundation.


4. Take the concealer brush and cover any areas that you feel are not adequately covered. This is great for the occasional pimple. This foundation is one of my favorite concealers. It covers really well especially when using a concealer brush.


5. Use the powder brush to put a very little bit of the Warmth (bronzer) onto your cheeks, bridge of nose and chin. You apply it anywhere the sun would naturally hit.


6. Go over your whole face with the Mineral Veil using the powder brush.


That's it! I can do this whole process in just a few minutes. If you read the directions that come in the kit it will tell you to do this in a different order. However, I have used this foundation over 2 years now and I truly believe this is the way to get the best application with it. I would think that you could use these same instructions with any mineral foundation, however I have only used Bare Minerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment