Friday, April 23, 2010

Move Over Bare Minerals!

Move over Bare Minerals, I officially have a new favorite foundation. As a long time Bare Minerals user I had a hard time thinking I could possibly love any other foundation. However, at a trip to Sephora (my favorite place) one of the girls told me I should try Halo by Smashbox. I was very hesistant at first because it has a very hefty price tag ($59). I decided I would try the Complexion kit, which is a great deal. You get primer, liquid foundation, concealer and the Halo all for $49. This is a great way to check out this product without feeling like you are investing so much money in one product. I really liked the primer and concealer in the kit as well.
Now as far as the price is concerned, I completely understand why you may be thinking "Yeah right, I would never spend that much on foundation!" However, you are getting .75 oz compared to Bare Minerals .25 oz.  for $25. So you actually are saving money in the long run.
The other thing I love about this foundation is that you grind your product each time you use it. I personally love this, mineral makeup has a tendency to be super messy. Smashbox has completely eliminated that problem.
This product has great coverage. For those of you who have never heard of Smashbox, it is owned by Max Factor's grandsons. They own a photography studio and had been asked by many celebrities to find a makeup that could stand up to the lights and cameras that are a part of their everyday life. Smashbox Cosmetics was born. This makeup looks amazing in photos as well as everyday life!!!
Hopefully by now you are convinced that you want to at the very least go check this product out. Go to your nearest Sephora or Ulta and ask someone to show you Halo. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment